For cold sores (Herpes Simplex virus)
- Limit the pain of unsightly cold sores with
Bioharmony® Bio-L’Lysine, a nutritional supplement that supports the maintenance of good health and assists to reduce the recurrence, severity and healing time of cold sores.
- L’Lysine is an essential amino acid, which means it is essential to our health but cannot be manufactured by our body and must be obtained from our diet. Studies have shown that Lysine supplements can reduce the frequency and intensity of cold sore outbreaks.
- Taken in adequate doses, Lysine has been scientifically proven to slow down the growth of the cold sore virus (Herpes Simplex Virus), as well as inhibit viral replication.
- Take one capsule twice a day on an empty stomach, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Each Bioharmony® Bio-L’Lysine capsule contains:
- L-Lysine monohydrochloride - 500 mg
- Excipients: magnesium stearate.
- Suitable for diabetics under medical supervision.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Contains no preservatives, artificial colourants or flavourants.
- This product is refundable from selected medical aids.
- Nappi Code: 877808-007
- - Unless otherwise prescribed, do not exceed the stated doses.
- - It is recommended that you always follow dosage directions and discontinue use should you notice or experience any undesirable side effects or are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
- - If symptoms persist, consult a healthcare professional.
- - Caution is advised for diabetics as this product may lower blood sugar levels and medication adjustments may be necessary.
- - Caution is advised for patients with blood disorders as this product may inhibit platelet aggregation and increase the risk of bleeding.
- - It is recommended that the use of the product should be stopped two weeks before elective surgery.
- - Children under 18 years of age should consult a healthcare professional prior to use.
- - Do not use with warfarin or any other anticoagulant medication except under practitioner supervision.
- - Theoretical interactions may occur to increase the effects of anti-diabetic medications and medication adjustments may be necessary.
- - Do not use when planning pregnancy, pregnant or breastfeeding except under practitioner
- - Less frequent: Mild gastrointestinal disturbances, such as diarrhoea and abdominal pain, may occur.
- - Consult your doctor or registered healthcare professional for advice on taking this product if you have any medical conditions or are following a low protein diet.
Ask a question about this product