- Bioharmony® Bio-Bromelain may help to reduce inflammation and pain caused by inflammation.
- Exercise can lead to aches, pains and injuries especially as we age.
- Bromelain is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and may help relieve aches and pains resulting from: over-exertion, injuries, arthritis and post-operative swelling.
- Adults over the age of 18 years: Take one to three capsules with water or juice on an empty stomach, preferably one hour before or two hours after meals, three to four times daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- The effects of Bromelain may occur at low doses and it is recommended that use be started at a low dose of one capsule and increased up to three capsules per dose as needed.
Each Bioharmony® Bio-Bromelain capsule contains:
- Bromelain 80 GDU/GM - 400 mg
- Suitable for diabetics under medical supervision. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Contains no wheat, dairy, sugar, preservatives, artificial colourants or flavourants.
- This product is refundable from selected medical aids.
- Nappi Code: 898716-004
- - Unless otherwise prescribed do not exceed the stated doses. It is recommended that you always follow dosage directions and discontinue use should you notice or experience any undesirable side effects or are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
- - Should the condition of pain not improve within 24 hours, inflammation not improve within three days, superficial injury not improve within one week or sinusitis not improve within three weeks, please consult a healthcare professional. It is recommended that the use of the product should be stopped two weeks before elective surgery. Caution is advised for patients with severe renal or hepatic impairment.
- - Caution is advised in people who have bleeding disorders, stomach ulcers, active bleeding and prior to dental or surgical procedures.
- - Children under 18 years of age should consult a healthcare professional prior to use.
- - Do not use with warfarin or any other anticoagulant except under practitioner supervision. Bromelain may increase the anti-inflammatory effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs). Theoretical interactions may occur to increase or decrease the effects of antibiotics, chemotherapy, blood pressure and heartbeat regulating medications, sedatives, narcotics, analgesics, alcohol and magnesium. Medication adjustments may be necessary.
- - Do not use when planning pregnancy, pregnant or breastfeeding except under practitioner supervision.
- - Less frequent: Mild gastrointestinal disturbances, such as nausea or diarrhoea, irritation of mucous membranes and increased heart rate.
- - Frequency unknown: Bromelain may theoretically cause abnormal uterine bleeding or heavy or prolonged menstruation.
- - Consult your doctor or registered healthcare professional for advice on taking this product if you are taking medications for any illness.
Ask a question about this product